1 1/2 quarts chicken broth
4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
2 large onions, diced
4 carrots, diced
1t cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper
1t black pepper
1lb salmon, boned
2C heavy cream
4 T butter
1 1/2t salt
1 T dill
Frozen corn or one can creamed corn
1/2 jar of real bacon bits (optional)
Additional Dill for garnish.
1) Broiled or grill the salmon until cooked through. Cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
2) Bring potatoes, carrots, and onions to a boil in the chicken broth. Cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes.
3) Add bacon, crushed red pepper and black pepper, then boil 10-20 minutes more.
4) Add salmon, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
5) Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
6) Garnish with dill and serve