Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp. culinary lavender buds, ground
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
1) Bring the butter to room temperature.
2) In a mixing bowl combine the butter, confectioners’ sugar, lavender and lemon zest.
3) Beat on medium-high speed until well blended, approximately 1-2 minutes.
4) Blend in the vanilla extract and salt.
5) With the mixer on low speed, blend in the flour until a dough comes together.
6) Form the dough into a log, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until slightly firm, 30-60 minutes.
7) Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
8) Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
9) Unwrap the chilled dough, cut the dough into ¼ inch rounds and place on the baking sheets.
10) Bake 10-12 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking, until the cookies are just set. Let cool on the baking sheets a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.