Celery Apple Salad with Herbs
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 crisp red apples, such as Fuji or Rome, cut into 1/4 inch thick julienne
- 2 tart green apples, such as Granny Smith, cut into 1/4 inch thick julienne
- 4 large celery ribs,cut into 1/4 inch thick julienne
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
Whisk together the lemon juice and mustard in a large bowl. Add oil in a stream, whisking until emulsified. Add apples, celery and herbs, tossing to coat. Turn out onto large platter just before serving and sprinkle with the nuts. Garnish with sprigs of parsley and cilantro.
Note: Salad may be made 3 hours ahead and chilled, covered.